Meeting Location: The Oak Hill Collaborative, 507 Oak Hill, Youngstown
2. Penguin City Brewing Company, located at the B&O Station, will have a representative at the meeting to share some news
3. Committee Updates:
• Restoration – Come and meet the new chairperson for the group
• Grants and Fundraisers – Need help reaching out to establishments in the Valley to partner with to raise money.
• Water Quality
4. Mosquito Creek Wetlands/Enterprise Park Project
An update will be provided regarding the FOMR’s appeal of the Ohio EPA’s 401 Wetland certification approval.
******There will also be a discussion about a public information meeting planned for September 26th. The board needs your input and help. Please attend the meeting to provide your input. If you are unable to attend, send your questions and concerns to our email at email@example.com********
5. Old Business – Mahoning Valley Historical Society and Friends’ Mahoning River Tour, Sunday
September 8, 2019; By-laws revised; Silly Science Sunday, September 15, 2019.
6. New Business – Andrew Smith, our webmaster, will be on hand to discuss our website, the work he has done, and ask for suggestions; Christmas at Mill Creek – Sara will share plans for decorating a Christmas Tree at the Davis Center of Mill Creek Park.
Friends of the Mahoning River will once again participate in OH WOW’s Silly Science Sunday,
scheduled for September 15, 2019. If you would like to participate at the FOMR table, inform Patricia. Otherwise, bring your kids or grandkids down to Federal Street in front of OH WOW to join in the all the fun from 11:00 to 4:00.
Adjournment of Meeting Next meeting: General Membership October 21, 2019.