Friends of the Mahoning River
General Membership Meeting – October 16, 2017 from 6:30 to 7:45pm
Meeting Location: The Oak Hill Collaborative, 507 Oak Hill, Youngstown
2. Guest Speaker: Lindsey Hahn. Lindsey works for the Breckenridge Outdoor Recreation Center in Breckenridge, Colorado where she is an instructor of adaptive sports including kayaking, climbing, skiing, and bicycling. She is an adventurer and athlete and the daughter of our own Friend of the Mahoning River, Ed Hahn.
3. Committee Update: Questions about committee projects? Seek out a committee member, go to our Facebook page or website; or call Patricia at 330.719.2337.
- Education Committee – Ed, Colleen, and/or Felicia – next meeting is November 13th at 6:30pm at the Dash Inn on Mahoning Ave. in Youngstown
- Restoration and Preservation – Tom Smith
- Recreation – Don – update on the Girard Launch; Pete, Ed Haun, and Joel
- Communication and Membership – Sara & Don
- Grants and Fundraising – Josh – discussion about upcoming grants; Susan – results of our jewelry fundraiser in August and possible upcoming fundraisers; Sara, & Patricia
4. FOMR Paddle Discussion: Tentatively scheduled for Sunday, October 29th. Partner with Trumbull Canoe Trails? Open to the community?
5. Mill Creek Holiday Tree Decoration Event: Susan
6 .Upcoming Events: Fall Water Quality Sampling Event – Tentatively scheduled for October 15th . If interested and available, please contact Stuart Smith 330.787.0496 or Stuart@groundwaterscience.com
7. Old Business: FOMR’s Website development – our website is evolving, check it out at http://www.friendsofthemahoningriver.org. Searching for: Political liaison; signage project lead worker for the river corridor; ideas for fundraising projects.
8. New Business: YSU Homecoming Parade – October 28th – Susan, Felicia, and Colleen.
Adjournment of Meeting
Next meeting: General Membership November 20, 2017, 6:30pm to 7:45pm
Mission Statement: Friends of the Mahoning River advocate improving the quality of the Mahoning River through education, restoration, and recreation.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has ~ Margaret Mead
For more information, call Patricia Natali Dunbar – 330.719.2337.
Contact us: Mahoningriverfriends@gmail.com
Check out our website: http://www.friendsofthemahoningriver.org
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/131233927019825