Friends of the Mahoning River
General Membership Meeting – September 18, 2017,6:30 to 7:45pm
Meeting Location: The Oak Hill Collaborative, 507 Oak Hill, Youngstown
- Ohio Watershed Leadership (OWL) Conference – Held at the Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area. Stuart, Felicia, and Colleen attended and will present a summary of the conference and how FOMR become associated.
- Committee Update: If you have questions about any of the committee projects, please seek out a committee member.
- Education Committee – Ed, Colleen, and/or Felicia – response from Dominion Grant
- Restoration and Preservation – Tom Smith
- Recreation – Don – update on the Girard Launch; Warren buoys, Yo. Signs, Pete, Ed Haun, and Joel
- Communication and Membership – Sara & Don- 55 paid, 822 Facebook,
- Grants and Fundraising – Josh – discussion about upcoming grants; Susan – results of our jewelry fundraiser in August and possible upcoming fundraisers; Sara, & Patricia
- FOMR Paddle – up for discussion – Girard Launch Opening? Halloween? partner with TCT? Open to the community?
- Mill Creek Holiday Tree Decoration Event – Susan
- Upcoming Events and Old Business: FOMR’s Website development – our website is evolving, check it out at http://www.friendsofthemahoningriver.org.
- New Business: Political liaison; signage project for the river corridor; fundraising project.
Adjournment of Meeting
Next meeting: General Membership October 16, 2017., 6:30pm to 7:45pm
Mission Statement: Friends of the Mahoning River advocate improving the quality of the Mahoning River through education, restoration, and recreation.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has ~ Margaret Mead
For more information, call Patricia Natali Dunbar – 330.719.2337.
Contact us: Mahoningriverfriends@gmail.com
Check out our website: http://www.friendsofthemahoningriver.org
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/131233927019825