Friends of the Mahoning River General Membership Meeting
July 17, 2017 from 6:30 to 7:45pm
Meeting Location: The Oak Hill Collaborative, 507 Oak Hill, Youngstown
- Message from our Treasurer: Sara Smith
- Speaker: Joann Esenwien with Eastgate Regional Council of Governments will come and present on the topic of low-head dam removal and our Mahoning River.
- FOMR’s Water Quality Program: Stuart Smith and Josh Boyle provide information about our program, the work that has been completed, and what is planned for the future.
- Committee Update: If you have questions about any of the committee projects, please seek out a committee member.
- Education Committee – Ed, Colleen, and/or Felicia
- Restoration and Preservation – Tom Smith
- Recreation – Don, Pete, Ed Haun, and Joel
- Communication and Membership – Sara & Don
- Grants and Fundraising – Sara, Patricia, & Susan
- Upcoming Events and Old Business: FOMR’s Website development – our website is evolving, check it out at http://www.friendsofthemahoningriver.org.FOMR summer party
- New Business: Political liaison; signage project for the river corridor; fundraising project.
Adjournment of Meeting
Next meeting: General Membership August 21, 2017, 6:30pm to 7:45pm
The Friends of the Mahoning River advocate improving the quality of the Mahoning River through education, restoration, and recreation.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has ~ Margaret Mead
For more information, call Patricia Natali Dunbar – 330.719.2337.
Contact us: Mahoningriverfriends@gmail.com
Check out our website: http://www.friendsofthemahoningriver.org
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/131233927019825