Friends of the Mahoning River
General Membership Meeting – May 15, 2017, 6:30 PM
Meeting Location: The Oak Hill Collaborative, 507 Oak Hill, Youngstown
- Message from our Treasurer – Sara Smith: Update on Lupo money.
- Committee Update: If you have questions about any of the committee projects, please seek out a committee member.
- Education Committee – Ed, Colleen, and/or Felicia
- Restoration and Preservation – Tom Smith
- Recreation – Don, Pete, Ed Haun, and Joel
- Communication and Membership – Sara & Don
- Grants and Fundraising – Sara, Patricia, & Susan
- RiverFest – Patricia – We need volunteers; if you are willing and able, please contact FOMR via email or phone (see below).
- Upcoming Events and Old Business: FOMR’s Website development – our website is evolving, check it out at http://www.friendsofthemahoningriver.org
- Water Quality Committee is planning a Sampling Day; if interested, contact Stuart Smith at Stuart@groundwaterscience.com or the FOMR email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ODNR’s Paddle Ohio event is scheduled for Sunday, July 9th on the Mahoning River in Trumbull County. Contact us for more information.
- New Business: Political liaison; FOMR summer party
- MAHONING RIVERFEST MEETING: The RiverFest is June 3rd, with a paddle June 4th. That is only about 3 weeks away!
Adjournment of meeting.
Next meeting: General Membership June 19, 2017.
Mission Statement: Friends of the Mahoning River advocates to improve the quality of the Mahoning River through education, restoration, and recreation.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has ~ Margaret Mead
For more information, call Patricia Natali Dunbar – 330.719.2337.