Friends of the Mahoning River
General Membership Meeting – April 17, 2017, 6:30 PM
Meeting Location: The Oak Hill Collaborative, 507 Oak Hill, Youngstown
- Message from our Treasurer – Sara Smith: Update on Lupo money.
- Committee Update: If you have questions about any of the committee projects, please seek out a committee member.
- Education Committee – Ed, Colleen, and/or Felicia
- Restoration and Preservation – Tom Smith
- Recreation – Don, Pete, Ed Haun, and Joel
- Communication and Membership – Sara & Don
- Grants and Fundraising – Sara, Patricia, &Susan
- RiverFest – Patricia – We need volunteers; if you are willing and able, please contact FOMR via email or phone (see below).
- Upcoming Events and Old Business: FOMR’s Website development – our website is evolving, check it out at http://www.friendsofthemahoningriver.org
- YSU’s Earth Day Event – Wednesday, April 19, 2017. Contact us for more information.
- Warren’s Earth Day Event, April 22; for more info, contact Clint Elston @ 330.989.2016.
- March for Science; Saturday, April 22; 11:00 a.m to 1:00 pm; Wick Park, across from First Unitarian Church of Youngstown on Elm Street.
- Mahoning Riverside Clean-Up, April 29; Packard Park; for more info contact Tom Smith @ 330.307.8206.
- ODNR’s Paddle Ohio event is scheduled for Sunday, July 9th on the Mahoning River in Trumbull County. Contact us for more information.
- New Business: Political liaison; FOMR summer party
- Adjournment of Meeting
- RIVERFEST MEETING for those interested
Next meeting: General Membership May 15, 2017.
Mission Statement: Friends of the Mahoning River advocates to improve the quality of the Mahoning River through education, restoration, and recreation.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has ~ Margaret Mead
For more information, call Patricia Natali Dunbar – 330.719.2337.