Meeting Location: The Oak Hill Collaborative, 507 Oak Hill, Youngstown
Election of board members – board positions are open for election at the March 2017 Annual Meeting – If you are interested in a board position or would like to nominate someone to the board, send an email to Mahoningriverfriends@gmail.com.
- FOMR Board Nominees – introduction and presentation
- Committee Update: Abbreviated for March 20, 2017 meeting – If you have questions about any of the committee projects, please seek out a committee member.
- Education Committee – Ed, Colleen, and/or Felicia
- Restoration and Preservation – Tom Smith
- Recreation – Don, Pete, and Joel
- Communication and Membership – Sara & Don
- Grants and Fundraising – Sara, Patricia, &Susan
- FOMR’s grant application to the R.J. Wean Foundation was approved!
- RiverFest – Patricia – We need volunteers; if you are willing and able, please contact FOMR via email or phone (see below).
- Upcoming Events and Old Business: FOMR’s Website development – our website is evolving, check it out at http://www.friendsofthemahoningriver.org
- YSU’s Earth Day Event – Wednesday, April 19, 2017. Contact us for more information.
- Warren’s Earth Day Event, April 22; for more info, contact Clint Elston @ 330.989.2016.
- ODNR’s Paddle Ohio event is scheduled for Sunday, July 9th on the Mahoning River in Trumbull County. Contact us for more information.
- New Business: Political liaison; Mahoning River watershed coordinator; FOMR summer party.
- MAHONING RIVERFEST BRAINSTORMING MEETING for those interested
Adjournment of Meeting
Next meeting: General Membership April 17, 2017.
Mission Statement: Friends of the Mahoning River advocates to improve the quality of the Mahoning River through education, restoration, and recreation.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has ~ Margaret Mead
For more information, call Patricia Natali Dunbar – 330.719.2337.