There are several sections of the Mahoning River in Ohio on which to paddle:
1) Foster Metropark (below Lake Milton Dam) to Newton Falls
2) Newton Falls to Canoe City Park with take-out on left before the Leavittsburg dam.
3) Leavittsburg (below the dam) to Packard Park in Warren.
All three are part of the Mahoning River Water Trail.
4) Warren to Niles – along Main St. in Warren, with a dam near the coke plant. I have no other info…not well-traveled.
5) Niles to Girard – with take-out on right, before the Girard Dam
6) Girard to B & O Station in Youngstown – has a right-side portage around a dam below the new Division St. bridge.
7) B & O to Struthers and Lowellville – Marshall St. Bridge rapids, and dams
8) Lowellville (blow the dam) into Pennsylvania
Note: Low head and rubble dams can be dangerous, know your route and skill level.